Do you meet every Tuesday morning at 7am?
Almost. We meet every Tuesday morning except Tuesdays that follow a major holiday or occur during school holidays during the school year. To keep your seat in our group, you must attend all meetings but can provide a substitute for up to 6 meetings a year.
Is there a structure to the meeting or is it just a social?
Here is the structure of our meetings.
- Meeting starts at 7:00am
- Discussion and mingling for 15 minutes
- Get seated to begin at 7:15am
- This day in history
- Leadership Team and Guest introductions
- Purpose and Overview by the winner of the 45-second pitch from the previous meeting
- Educational Moment by our Education Coordinator
- 45-second pitches by all members - this is where all members introduce their business and ask for specific new clients
- 45-second pitches by guests and visitors
- Vice President's Report
- Membership Report
- The first 10-minute presentation by a rotating member
- short break
- The second 10-minute presentation
- Referrals and Testimonials - this is where referrals get passed and some testimonials for members are given
- News and Announcements
- Closing quote
- Meeting ends at or before 8:30am
Does it cost money to join?
Yes. There are BNI dues as well as dues paid to our chapter to keep our meeting place available. Inquire with our visitor host and membership committee members to find out more. Our members find that the increase in business that comes with membership in our chapter more than makes up for the cost.